Our Services - Restoration / Metalworks
What restoration works do you perform?
We specialize in restoration and refinishing of vintage watch cases. Even though collectors and watch enthusiasts argue on this issue, the restoration services are really demanded.
Why is it bad to polish the watch case?
Most experienced collectors will answer with the mantra "it's always better to have an original unpolished case". And they are quite right - it always makes sense to pay top prices for a true new-old-stock condition or perfectly preserved untouched case. However, there are few issues to face and understand:
- The term "unpolished" is widely overused either by dealers and collectors. The absolute majority of cases claimed to be "unpolished" were in fact polished or refinished in the past. Not every heavily scratched case is valuable "unpolished".
- The debates over polishing are caused by the fact that most polishing jobs performed in the past by unprofessional watchmakers or jewelers really destroyed the geometry and/or original design of the case and, consequently, reduced value.
- Polishing is a heavily used term which, however, is only one refinishing technique used in course of a proper case restoration process.
Why is it good to refinish the watch case?
What are you usually doing with a nice car if it gets scratched? Apparently, no one throws it into rubbish and starts looking for a new "first paint" car immediately. Same thing with watches! They do deserve a proper looking case and repair if it was damaged. What we do is restoration rather simple polishing to a glossy look.
- We reshape the case in order to restore all the necessary facets, chamfers, bevels, and surfaces as they were designed originally
- We restore the original finishing by hand using the very same techniques as used by Swiss manufacturers decades ago
- The aesthetical and collectible value of the watch could be increased
Can you also overhaul/restore the movement?
Unfortunately, our watchmakers are extremely busy, therefore, we can't accept watches for servicing.
Can I see some examples of your job?
Sure! We do work with stainless steel and precious metals. We will constantly update the gallery of completed projects.
I want you to restore my watch!
If you have further questions or need a quote - you can always contact us. We will be happy to assist!